Music. :D


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, February 20, 2010

TEH FANFIC OF FANFICNESS FANFIC. FANFIC. MWAHAHAHAZ!

EHEHEHE. I'M GOING TO POST LIKE ALMOST ALL OF MY FIRST CHAPTER OF THE FANFIC.

ALMOST. IF YOU WANT TO READ MORE, GO TO THIS LINK: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5752454/1/The_Return_of_Typhon

WELL. HERE'S THE FANFIC. NAME IN THE MAKING, I JUST HAVE A TEMPORARY ONE FOR NOW.

             I strolled around my dorm room, admiring the oh so beautiful view of the polluted East River. Yeah. Just great. Watching the river roll, one particular thought came to me. I remember two years ago, my best friend, now boyfriend, plunged into the waters to stop Kronos from getting into Manhattan by water to protect his beloved city.
             Anyways, I was wandering around the room, looking for something to do. I had done all of my homework. Well, at least the stuff that wasn’t due the next day. And then it hit me as I tripped over my phone. Hey, why don’t I IM Camp Half-Blood? You know, see how it was going. Plus, I didn’t have anything better to do.
             Apparently, someone had already had the idea to Iris Message me. It was Chiron. When I looked closer, I realized that Percy was in the background. Soon, I realized that their faces were grim. I frowned.
             “What’s wrong?” I asked. I looked at them, expecting the worst.
             “We don’t know if what we’ll tell you is true, Annabeth,” Chiron murmured. “So we would just like you to come to camp. Is that alright?” I shrugged slowly.
             “I guess so.” Yeah, right. I hated when people kept things from me, when they were so freaking vague.
             “Sure, Chiron. See you guys soon,” I mumbled, and disconnected the message.
I looked around my room. Who knew what was going to happen, how long I was going to stay at camp? Running around, getting things to put in a duffel, which, by the way, I still hadn’t found (but that’s not the point), thoughts swirled around my head. Let’s see what could’ve happened. Uh, let’s see- EVERYTHING. In the world of demigods, anything and everything can happen. That’s what makes our sad lives so interesting.
             “You know what?” I said out loud. “I’ll find out soon enough. Focus on packing, Annabeth. Oh, great, I’m talking to myself. Oh, stress. What it can do to a supposedly sane person.” I laughed bitterly. “Whatever.” I grabbed my camp t-shirt and a pile of clothes from my closet. Swiping some pants, I looked for my duffel bag. Oh, great. I couldn’t find the stupid duffel bag. It took a while for me to realize that it was in my hands. Whoops... I stuffed all of my clothes in there, along with Daedalus’s laptop, my phone, my flip-flops, a canteen of nectar, a bag of ambrosia, who-knows-how-many drachmas, and two rolls of American currency. I slipped on my sweatshirt, put on the hood, and I was off.
             Out of habit, I checked my neck to see if my charm was on my camp necklace. Slowly, the charm changed into my new, magical knife, Bloodlash, after I had tapped it softly. Now, let me give you some background on this new, freakishly awesome knife. I got it for my 17th birthday, since a certain demigod’s prophecy resulted in my knife being well… Incinerated. I touched a certain part of the knife, and it transformed back into the charm. But wait, you’re probably thinking. What if I’m in the middle of battle, and I accidentally touch that part? Then, I would be disarmed. Oh, dear, how devastating. Well. Here’s where the “magic” part comes in, besides being able to turn into a charm (which, by the way, is a very pretty knife charm. It’s shiny, too). It can sense- no, know when you’re in battle. So it won’t transform into a charm. So what’s been proven? Awesome things can be as little as a charm.
             Oops. Getting off topic again. Anyways, I rushed out of my room and headed down to the principal’s office of my school, Ezeens Academy for Gifted Teens (I know, stupidest name ever. And I realized that Ezeens is sneeze backwards).
             “Principal Keys, I need to go visit my um, mother,” I lied, hoping that I could think of something. “My brother just called.” The principal looked at me skeptically, like, Yeah right. Crap. It wasn’t working.
Very well then, I thought, and then snapped my fingers. No, I wasn’t practicing for a musical. I was manipulating the Mist.
             “Okay, then,” Principal Keys said. Relief flooded inside me. Yes. I could go. With that note, I ran outside, hailing a taxi.
             “Where to, miss?” the driver asked. Oh, how many times I had been through this. I smiled and said,
             “I don’t know. I think I just want to go out of the city, in the country. I’ll tell you when to stop.” The man shrugged, and replied,
             “Sure.” So I got into the cab, and he drove me away.
             About an hour passed. Once I realized that we had passed Camp Half-Blood, I shouted,
             “STOP! I’d like to stop here.”
             “There’s nothing here,” the driver commented. I shrugged as I handed him a roll of mortal cash.              “Don’t really care,” I replied as I got out of the cab and glanced quickly at Half-Blood Hill, where Percy and I had raced at the end of the summer two years ago, the unforgettable summer where Percy had fulfilled the Great Prophecy. But that’s not the point.
             “Thank you!” I yelled, waving. As soon as he was out of sight, I started to climb up the hill. Once I reached the top I looked at Thalia’s Pine, said hi to Peleus, and then, I looked down at Camp Half-Blood. I inhaled slowly, as if taking it all in. The rock wall had lava pouring down it. Campers were canoeing, fighting drakons, and all of that happy stuff. I smiled sadly. So many things, both good and bad, had happened at the camp. Thalia being turned into a tree, the Battle of the Labyrinth, the chariot races, Rachel becoming the Oracle… No, I reminded myself. I wasn’t there for sentimental memories, I was there to talk to Percy and Chiron so I could find out whatever was wrong, about important matters. Right. So, I sprinted down Half-Blood Hill, to the cabins, threw my duffel bag on my bunk, and started to run towards the Big House.
             I wandered to the porch and looked for Percy or Chiron. Seeing if either one was there, I looked inside the window. In the Big House, I saw Chiron talking to Percy. Naturally, I walked in.
             “Hi,” I said, grinning. Percy and Chiron immediately turned. “Annabeth,” Chiron said. “Thanks for coming.”
             “Hey, Annabeth,” Percy greeted, with a strained smile. I immediately frowned, my eyebrows crinkling together.
             “Tell me what’s wrong.”
             “Annabeth, I’m very sorry to say this, but we think that Typhon is stirring again.”

THERE MIGHT BE SOME GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE I'M TRYING TO MAKE HER SOUND AS HUMAN AS POSSIBLE, SPEAKING IN FRAGMENTS. AH, WE'RE SUCH MORONS.

No comments:

Post a Comment