Music. :D


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, February 11, 2010

MY ACTUAL BOOK REVIEWS. YES, THERE ARE SPOILERS.

SPOILERS. SO JUST READ THE UNSPOILED PARTS. OKAY? >.<

 First of all... Two words. Holy. Crap. This book is so amazing, so beautifully written, yet so devastating. The words are so powerful, and I loved reading about how much the characters developed. I recommend this only for people who can read about sorrows, because there are many in this book, and that makes me love all the characters even more. Second of all, this is the best book I have ever read. I know I say that a lot in my reviews, but I am not kidding at all this time. Out of every single book I've read (and that's a lot. Don't look at my read shelf. Trust me. It's just the books that I remember that I read, or that I actually wasn't lazy enough to not put on, erm... Well. You get my point.) Okay, so. Yeah. It's even better than Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I know. "WHAT, JENN? WHAT?!" Well, then YOU freaking read The Book Thief. You'll see what I mean.

**SPOILERS**

At the end, when everyone but Liesel on Himmel Street died, let me tell you, I was really trying not to cry. As I was talking about before, the bond between Liesel and all those other people were so strong, I just couldn't believe it all just went down.

I loved it. It makes the book so much more interesting, and makes Liesel so much stronger in a way. And Rudy... Crucified Christ (okay, sorry, I had to say that. XD), it was so sad when he died, when Liesel kissed him (okay, between you and me, I accidentally typed "killed him". Shhhh.), I was like, "Awwwww." When she was shaking him, going, "Wake up," I was like, really depressed, knowing that she probably knew that Rudy was dead, she was reassuring herself on the inside. (Side note: PWNED.)

And after she lost Rosa and Hans, I found that sad, since she had spent so much time bonding with them, and it was all lost. (Side note: More pwnage.)

However, when she became reunited with Max, my smile was like, so freaking huge, I could like, scare off little babies. (Side note: Pwnage. For the babies, I mean. XD)

._.

Well.

I think I should end the spoiler now since I'm just listening to Owl City music.

O_o

**SPOILER OVER**

So, READ THIS BOOK OR ELSE I SHALL TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU.

Oh yeah. You learn some German in this book, too.

:]

OKAY... UM... SO I ADMIT, I DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAVE A REAL REVIEW FOR THE FIRST TWO BOOKS. BUT STILL. SO HERE'S THE REVIEW FOR THE LAST BOOK. XD

Wow. I am literally searching up all the synonyms for amazing. This book was awesome, fascinating, incredible, marvelous, prodigious, shocking, stunning, surprising, unbelievable, wonderful, astonishing, and beyond. (Thanks, thesaurus.reference.com! XD)) So. Yeah. It was a great ending to the Gemma Doyle series. Not too happy. I like that. Because, truthfully, happy things creep me out. Okay. I have to go to dinner right now. I'll update later.

Okay. Things to discuss... *looks on long imaginary list* Yay, lists.





**SPOILERS START HERE**

1.) Kartik becoming the Tree of All Souls or whatever it was called- you know, I'll just call it the TOAS. ._. Cornelius the toad!

Heh. Sorry. XP

Okay. So. Ja. Um, it was really surprising, and *SPOILER FOR THE BOOK THIEF* it reminded me a lot of what happened between Liesel and Rudy. I mean, their friendships built up so high (*shudders* Personification. English is taking an impact on me.), and they just fell down because a.) Rudy died and b.) Kartik became the tree. *SPOILER FOR THE BOOK THIEF OVER* I mean, that truly made me sad. Of course, I wasn't crying, because it's very rare for me to cry about something that happened in a book. My breathing
just goes really out of whack and I stare at the book for ten minutes, realizing that my mom is yelling at me to get out of the car. BUT. That's not the point. I also found it really depressing how Kartik's last words were "Gemma", and they seem to echo or something. I don't know. I had to return the book. So. Aw. How cute. And it doesn't disgust me, actually. XP

2.) Pippa: Truthfully, I didn't find Pippa intimidating. I didn't find her scary. I didn't find her evil. I didn't find her cruel. I just found her ANNOYING. She was like one of the people that I've always had the urge to beat up and steal their money, but someone's around watching, just wanting to punish me. And I was like, "Okay, so she sacrificed Mr. Darcy. More reasons for me to hate her.

3.) The Winterlands: Wow, those parts were freaking awesome. The descriptions, and I could just feel the tension. Wonderful. Just. Wonderful. [:

You know, I think that's it. If something else pops up, I will most definitely post it.

:]

**SPOILERS OVER**


Book overview: So. Just. Plain. Great. Wonderful. Whatever you want to call it. If I can read an 819 paged book in about 3 or 4 days, it means I am most definitely entranced.

 NOW.

 I SHALL POST MY HUNGER GAMES AND PERCY JACKSON REVIEWS ON ANOTHER POST, AND MAX RIDE ON ANOTHER. HARRY POTTER? YOU MAY ASK. NO. NO. I LOVE THE SERIES, DON'T GET ME WRONG. IT'S JUST THAT IT'S SO AWESOME IT'S INEXPLICABLE. XD

1 comment: