Music. :D


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, February 11, 2010

BOOK REVIEWS... PART TWO. *ominous music*

AGAIN. SAME WITH THE SPOILERS.


UM. WELL. I DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAVE A REVIEW. IT'S JUST ME BEING CREEPY. XD SO. IT WAS A REALLY FUN, FAST PACED BOOK AND YOU MAKES YOU CRAVE MORE BOOKS. :D NEXT BOOK.













BLEGH. NOT REALLY AS GOOD AS THE REST OF THE SERIES, BECAUSE THERE WASN'T REALLY ANY ACTION. WELL, THERE WAS. BUT IT JUST DIDN'T HAVE THAT FEEL TO IT. >.<













SAME AS THE FIRST REVIEW. IT WAS JUST ME BEING CREEPY. BUT SERIOUSLY, THIS BOOK WILL MAKE YOU GET CHILLS DOWN YOUR FREAKING SPINE. SO JA. :D














OH. IT'S ME BEING WEIRD... YET AGAIN. XD

SO ANYWAYS, THIS IS A REALLY ACTION FILLED BOOK. BUT IT REALLY MAKES YOU WANT TO KILL RACHEL..

KILL. HER. *smiles sweetly* WHAT WAS I SAYING?











 THE BEST OF THE SERIES. I'M NOT KIDDING. IT REALLY JUST MAKES YOU HEARTBROKEN, AND THE HUMOR IS DARK AND EVERYTHING, I JUST LOVE IT. A LOT. READ IT UM... *counts on fingers* 8 TIMES. I KNOW. NOT MUCH. BUT STILL.

**spoiler alert** OMG, IT'S SOOOO GOOODDDDDD!!!!!!! The ending was really sappy, but whatever. This was definitely (I CAN NEVER SPELL THAT...) the best of the series. I totally thought that either Beckendorf, Silena (that was the betrayer... I suspected Beckendorf the most, though.), or Michael (Yew) would be the traitor, and that Percy would win (what? It's a book. No, I don't support Kronos. I'm... A fan.) At first, I thought Chiron was gonna betray them, but if you read the 2nd book, Argrus (I think) said, "That old horseman is gone for good, right?" So... It can't be him. And I so totally saw Percy and Annabeth getting together... Yet the thought is still kinda scary. Now, I was kinda annoyed (actually, really annoyed) with the title. So, Hestia's "the last Olympian". What's with that? She gives Percy advice, shows him the past. Like Hana said, these titles are waaayyy to serious. I mean, this has humor in this, a lot more than Harry Potter! STOP WITH THE SERIOUS TITLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm not just mad, but EXTREMELY mad at Barnes and Noble... I mean, I could just BUY the book on the 2nd day instead of getting it on the 3rd.... And Rachel becoming the Oracle was so freaky... And Percy going to the same school 2 years in a row.... *blinks* *slash* *poke* *pwn* CENTAURS PWN YOU, PERCY!!!!!! SIDE NOTE: I JUST RECENTLY FOUND OUT PWN MEANS "MY ASS IS BETTER THAN YOURS." XD FAIL. HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!! I wonder if there's gonna be another Camp Half-Blood series with the children of the next Great Prophecy... *ponders* It has one of those annoying non-ending endings. *goes into total scary reading person mode*

"Race you to the road?"
"You are so going to lose." She took off down Half-Blood hill and I sprinted after her.
For once, I didn't look back.

*goes out of scary reading person mode* Now, I know I sound really fanaticish but that just gave me goosebumps! It's like the ending of Stargirl... *idea pops up in head* I think Rick Riordan should write about the new Camp Half-Blood adventures... I'm sad that the series ended... :(

EDIT: ABOUT IT BEING CALLED THE LAST OLYMPIAN... I FINALLY GET IT NOW. IF PERCY HADN'T GIVEN ELPHIS (sp?) TO HESTIA, THE LAST OLYMPIAN, THEY WOULD'VE ALL LOST HOPE. AND THAT'S NOT GOOD. THEY'LL JUST END UP LIKE ME. >.<

A really good, descriptive book. 24 kids are picked from 12 communities to fight to the death. Bittersweet at points, and very sad in others. Suzanne Collins reveals the horrors and sadness of war and just plain fighting in this book.

**SPOILER**


Now I have to admit, when Rue was dying, I was really sad, but I saw it coming, so I wasn't exactly on the verge of tears. The way I found Katniss and erm... the other dude (I forget his name, and the sad thing is, I just finished reading it today.. -.-')... Well, their survival skills are amazing... *coughs* Am I supposed to say anything else? Oh... Right.

**SPOILER OVER*

A very intriguing read, I recomend this book for everyone, especially those who like gory (well, this isn't really, but the idea is)/ violent books. I mean, what's better than a book with 24 kids fighting to the death?

 Can I say TOTALLY AWESOME!?!?!

I was begging my dad to take me to the bookstore yesterday to read this. And I got it. (There was a coupon! :3)

This book had so many parts you would never think of, and it totally rocked. Hello? Surprise? You there? It's Jenn.


**SPOILERS**

So yeah, I mean, Katniss back in the games? I mean, wow, I was pretty much gaping when I read that part.
District 12 being bombed? I was like, just screaming a few minutes ago in my head. And that being the book ending? Uh, hello? Suspense? ...

He's not home.

Yeah, so anyways, I'm gonna attempt to talk about the book.

I really like the secritiveness(sp?) of the plot, with Katniss and Peeta not really being in danger. The whole clock thing, I was like, "Wow, that's awesome!" Again, I said, I was gaping. I had no idea. Usually, I can guess what's going to happen in a book, and half of the time, I'm right. Yeah. I didn't get anything right at all besides "Katniss is gonna live!" I really hope that Cinna's alive, cuz he's pretty cool, I have to say. [: If Peeta isn't alive, I'll be hysterical cuz that means that Katniss is gonna go all "Bella Swan" and go crazy cuz Peeta's dead, and she wouldn't be my favorite character anymore. Though, still, I think that Katniss would be better with Gale, they have more in common, and it's the whole "boy next door" thing that I hate, because the characters are too stupid to notice that they like each other, but Katniss and Gale are more like, they know.

I found the beginning very sad, with the whole whipping thing, and that stuff. When they first announced that, I wasn't so surprised, but with Darius and the new Peacekeeper, I was amazed, and was so sorry for Gale and the other people even though they're imaginary...

Now, Katniss going back in the games, I loved that, I mean, the whole reason I picked up the books, it was cuz they were fighting to the death.

I. Love. Violent. Books.

Can't you tell?

Well, whatever. I wonder when the next book's gonna come out...

I think I'll just sleep till then.

*sigh*

8th time (I know, sad) reading it:

Holy crap. This book is less awesome by a teensy bit the second time you read it, but still totally amazing. Fast paced, exciting, I can't help but read it once more. Sure, I know what's gonna happen. Sure, I know what everyone's going to say. But that doesn't stop me from getting goosebumps when the man in 11 was shot, when Gale was whipped, when Peeta died for a few minutes, when Mags walked to her own death, when Gale says that he loves Katniss (well, actually, I just realized that this time... XD). Seriously, if someone can read a book 8 times and still not be bored, it's a book worth reading. Now that I've read it for the eighth time, I'm just depressed that the series is going to end next year.

At least I still have the movies to look forward to. *shrugs*

8th time update:

Okay, so I just finished it like, um, two minutes ago. >.< Well, that's not the point. So, I'm trying to figure out stuff, like who's dead. I personally think that Chaff and Brutus are dead, since there were two gunshots, and 8 people left. So, Katniss, Finnick, and Beetee are going to District 13. Can't be them. Peeta, Johanna, and Enboria are in the Capitol, alive or not, they didn't die in the arena. That leaves Brutus and Chaff. So, personally, those are the ones I think are dead. Now, onto Katniss. "'Like bait?' I say to the ceiling. 'Like how they'll use Annie for bait, Finnick?'" Really, the girl's awesome, but seriously, Katniss. That's just hurtful, something she'll regret saying when Annie dies and then Finnick (who, by the way, is awesome) goes all "Bella" on everyone and... Yeah. >.< So Where was I? Oh, right, I mean, that was deep, cruel, OMG, I can't even begin to explain it. So where was I? Right. Okay, so I think I'll talk about Wiress right now. Her death was really sad to me, because I found her really sweet, and when Gloss killed her, I mean, the minute Katniss or Johanna, whoever it was, killed him (oh, right, it was Katniss...), I was like, "OMFG, YOU GO GIRL!" Actually, no. That's something my teacher would say. But yeah, you know what I'm talking about. So yeah, and seriously. "Cashmere and Gloss?" I thought they were luxury items! Well, yeah, cashmere and gloss COULD be considered "luxury items", but seriously, naming some kids that? No way. That's stupid. So yeah, and the clock thing? Perfect. I loved it, and I could imagine everything. Oh, right, and I was about to talk about the jabberjay part. Okay, so when Finnick and Katniss were on the ground, I found it an immensely tense moment. I love how Suzanne Collins did that, because it showed me that even the strongest of them can be vunerable. This book definitely expressed a lot of her inner thoughts. Now, I keep speculating about who's gonna die, and especially who Katniss wants to be with, and if SHE dies. Wow, I think this is the longest review I've ever writted. XD Okay, then, adios. *leaves*




**SPOILERS OVER**


9th time through:

Sure, I skipped to the blood and gore, but whatever. Um...

Yeah. Just, amazing.

AND, NOW, ONTO THE MAX RIDE BOOKS AND TWO MORE... BUT WHAT SHALL THEY BE?

GO TO THE NEXT POST, AND YOU SHALL SEE.

HEY, I DIDN'T MEAN FOR THAT TO RHYME. BUT THAT, MY FRIENDS, WAS EPIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment